Print mixing is a phrase that fashion types are tossing around these days like no big deal. But it is a big deal, if you do it wrong. Here are a few tips to follow when trying to embrace the stripes, floral and brights filling up the racks these days:
- White jeans are everyone’s friend. They look great at any age, in any size, anytime of year and with most any top.
- A striped top (a la Picasso) is a classic that should hang in eveyone’s closet. It looks darling for brunch with friends or add a strand of pearls and a statin-jewel toned pant and you are ready for dinner on the town. And don’t be afraid to pair your striped top with a fun bold floral print skirt.
- Neons are popping up everywhere. For the most part save the shade for the teens. However, if you want to factor a bright into your wardrobe, small doses are best–a pink ballet flat or a bright yellow cardigan are safe ways to go.
- Proportion is important when pulling a look together. If you are wearing your favorite flowy bohemian top, make sure the bottom half of your outfit is fitted-think skinny jeans or a fitted pant.
- The most important tip to remember when getting dressed is comfort! If you don’t feel good, you won’t look good. If those heels are too high or those jeans are too tight, halfway through the night you’ll just want to go home when you should be painting the town.