…and win fun prizes!
Contribute your ideas for the Greenwich Historical Society’s time capsule
What do you want people 50 years from now to know about our town? Tell us what you think should go into a time capsule that’s representative of life in Greenwich today.
Affectionately dubbed Elizabeth, in honor of Greenwich’s founding mother Elizabeth Feake, the capsule will be placed in the Greenwich Historical Society’s newly constructed museum and archive building and opened in 50 years. The top three ideas, as judged by our editors, will be placed in the time capsule, which will be installed in a public ceremony at the Historical Society’s campus on Saturday, November 4th.
- The physical items must not exceed 4” x 4” or if larger, be collapsible to fit these dimensions.
- No electronics or liquid items are permitted.
Every participant will have their name added to a list that will be placed in the time capsule. All entrants will be entered into a drawing and winners will be randomly selected.
- Two tickets to Greenwich Magazine’s Greenwich Restaurant Week Opening Night Party on Thursday, October 26 at the J House.
- Two tickets to Best of Greenwich 2018
- Two VIP tickets to Best of the Gold Coast 2018
- The opportunity to write a personal greeting about your hopes and dreams for the town. The greeting will be shared with town officials when the capsule is opened in 50 years.
- Two family memberships to the Greenwich Historical Society
DEADLINE: OCTOBER 25, 2017